Upper Midwest (MI, MN, ND, SD & WI)
||90,000 - 90,000
||125,000 - 125,000
||The manager will be responsible for the oversight of the accounting operations and administration for a variety of alternative investments; maintaining a strong working relationship with internal and external clients and will be responsible for the professional growth and development of the staff and supervisors.
1. Manage several Alternative Investment client relationships. The products supported include hedge funds, fund of hedge funds and registered fund of hedge funds.
2. Develop and maintain client relationships; attend Board meetings.
3. Oversee the preparation of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports for assigned clients. Ensure reports are maintained within regulatory guidelines and oversee their timely and accurate filing.
4. Serve as the liaison between the client and the client’s service providers, including external auditors.
5. Determine staffing needs, hiring, training and development, mentoring the team delegating assignments, enforcing policies and procedures, and performance management.
6. Coordinate and actively supervise the daily execution of fund accounting activities by supervisors and staff.
7. Conduct team meetings and lead/participate in client conference calls. Participate in internal meetings to provide/improve internal controls, procedures, etc.
8. Remain knowledgeable on current accounting and regulatory issues.
9. Work with the internal Control Groups on matters such as automation and process improvement, training, conversions, internal audits, etc.
10. Participate in new business presentations, as needed. Take the lead in proposing additional products or services to existing clients.
11. Coordinate the start-up of new client funds, master-feeder structures, classes, including fund conversions.
12. Responsible for annual review of client agreements and fee schedules including coordination of review of agreements and fee schedules for other service areas within company.
|Education and Certifications/Licenses:
||University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree, None, None
|Mandatory Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and relevant industry experience.
2. Minimum of 8 years; mutual fund, investment company or hedge fund experience.
3. Required are a strong attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with several clients simultaneously.
4. Analytical skills and advanced spreadsheet capabilities are required.
5. Client service including diplomacy, negotiation, sales and social skills are needed.
6. Demonstrated people management skills are required.
7. The ability to solve problems and to train and motivate staff is critical.
8. Knowledge with portfolio accounting systems and partnership allocation systems.
|Apply On-line for this Job
|You must be registered to apply for jobs on-line. Register now.|
If this job is not an exact match you can tell us the details of your dream job and we can notify you when it is available. But you must be registered to do this. Please click here to register now.